Monday, June 27, 2011

VACATIONS

We just returned from a week at Lake Tenkiller with our kids and Grandkids.  It is so much fun to watch those grandkids and the thrills that they get from playing in the water and tubing and getting filthy at the camp site.  I rested and rested and yet today I find that I am completely exhausted.  Now why do you return from vacation so tired?  It seems that is the way it always happens.  Arliss was up and off to work with no problem and I have been draging around all day forcing myself to do the mounds and mounds of laundry.  I love camping but it seems to cause a build up of tired that doesn't hit you until you get to the front door back home.  Now I need a week of rest to rest up from the vacation.  I did get to visit with Mrs. Riley this week when Arliss came back to work and I let the kids do their own thing one morning while I drove over for a nice visit on Mrs. Riley's front porch.  It was really nice I must say.  Our little Abigail started figuring out how to float with her lifejacket on in the lake and was getting pretty good by the time we left.  Her cute smile and sweet way of saying "Gamma" really wrapped me around my finger this week and all the kids too.  Audrey was such a happy baby this week and played on the quilt outside and loved the water once we got her over her strep.  Brett absolutely loves those two little girls and was so good with them all week.  Cherylynne and Kaylyn love Abigail too but Kaylyn and Ethan fight like brother and sister.  I think there is some jealousy for sure.  I noticed especially when Brian would play with Ethan or Abigail in the water that Kaylyn was there and wanting her Dad's attention.  Abigail loves her Aunt Ber and is so cute when she says that name.  She worked on saying Uncle Brian but it kept coming out "Uncle Ian" most of the time.   Ethan is all over the lake now feeling very confident with his life jacket.  He loved hanging around with his Daddy and it was so cute to see him idolize his Daddy so much.   Brett loves to ski and tube and Cherylynne is a tubing maniac.  She never gets tired and will handle the roughest of waters and come up laughing.  Kaylyn is our little accident waiting to happen.  We have to keep plenty of peroxide and bandaids for her daily treatment to her latest accident.  Bryant had a rough week with several things - like his awning being blown off and two of the kids coming down with strep which meant trips to town for medicine.  Lori too had it rough for a couple of days with the sick kids but then she seemed to really enjoy getting to ski as last summer she was pregnant and didn't get to ski.  Arliss had one ski trip and had great fun but then his foot was very swollen the next day and he could hardly ski.  Brian enjoyed skiing at the end of the week but was having trouble with his elbow early in the week.  Amber tubed with Kaylyn and had a good time.  Kaylyn likes the smoother water and so does Amber.  Brian's pontoon boat is the best.  The wind was terrible a couple of days but his boat scoots right through that water and we were able to find smooth water up the lake and enjoy swimming around even on the roughest days.  Bryant is working on learning to handle their boat and it doing pretty good.  It is all new to him and there is just no short cut to learning - you just have to do it.  I really enjoyed our morning devotions even though the kids had their usual bored looks on their faces and couldn't wait until we were finished each day.  I really enjoyed being in Blackgum Baptist church too.  We really love those people and Bro. Ritter's preaching is great.  It was nice though to be back home in our church last night.  We didn't get our normal spots this time and so it seemed like things never really ran as smoothly as usual but we made it work.  It is just such a privilege to spend a week with my kids and grandkids and so thankful that they want to be with us.  Arliss and I are getting more and more lazy and like to sit more and more and play less and less.   I actually read 4 books which is a record for me for sure.  Now the question is - WHY IN THE WORLD DO I FEEL SO TIRED?

No comments:

Post a Comment