Friday, March 4, 2011

Learning to Shop

My afternoon of shopping with Kaylyn really taught me a lot.  I must be patient as little girls still need their privacy and talking too loud in the dressing room about girl stuff will embarrass them - oops.  Girls need to look and look and look before making the decision - especially if it is their own money.  Grandma needs to be patient when the choices of the Granddaughter don't necessarily match the choices of Grandma.  A grandma must rest up before diving into a shopping experience - it takes all your energy plus some to make it.  Above all encourage your granddaughters desire to make her own choices but manage to keep them from making wrong choices.  Just because they aren't your choice doesn't mean it is a wrong choice.  I did have to tell her once that the shirt was just too small and would not work.  She loved the color so much that she wanted to buy it even though it didn't fit.  She was sweet though when I told her that we would just have to look for another shirt.  I always think I am teaching my grandkids - but lets face it - they are teaching me. 

Tonight I am nursing a sore shoulder.  I think all that cleaning of the windows in the sun room yesterday was too much for my arm - I learn quickly- I should not wash windows - right!  Arliss is putting the kitchen back together.  My microwave is off my kitchen table.  I am anxious for him to finish so I can mop the desperately dirty floor.  We need to get it all clean so we can start the mess of painting.  Oh boy can't wait for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment