Thursday, March 3, 2011

My new adventure in blogging

This is my first time to try blogging.  I write all the time.  I love keeping a diary of my daily life and so now I am going to try my hand at putting my thoughts on line.  Thursday is my day at home - at least that is my weekly plan but of course things are always changing that.  For this day - I am at home.  I am trying to get my house ready to sell and today I am going to clean and stage our sun room.  That room is a play room for the grandkids and I want to try to make it look less like a toy factory and more like a place for someone to relax and enjoy some down time with a cup of tea. 

I have been spending a little too much time relaxing  this morning before getting started.  I think I needed to think on it awhile before actually doing any work.  If only - thinking about it - would make it happen - wouldn't that be great - Ok time to wake up to reality- that room is not going to get cleaned until I get my little backside out of this chair and grab the dust rag and trash bag and windex and get with it. 

I will write more later and see how this goes.  My granddaughter is coming to spend the night tonight so I am looking forward to that.  I have been having the grandkids - one each week and this is week three with two more to go.  There is the little 4 month old that is number six - but I definitely think she will have to wait for a while before spending a night with Grandma. 

My husband is very busy trying to put a new backsplash in our kitchen.  We recently got new granite counter tops and he is putting up the back splash.  It has been slow and my kitchen is a wreck.  It has been very trying to cook in that mess and lets - be honest here - I have used that for an excuse to keep the fast food places pretty busy.  We are so hoping to finish it this week and then next week we are going to paint.  Someone asked me if I was doing all this work just so I could sell the house and someone else enjoy the fruits of our labor .  Well when you say it like that - it does rather seem ridiculous but I must confess that is what we are doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment