Wednesday, March 9, 2011

TENNIS SHOES

Today I went to the chiropractor for the second time in a week.  My hip keeps getting out of place. I have had this problem for some time and it seems to come and go.  Well today I left my shoes on while on the chiropractors table.  I guess I hadn't done that before.  He quickly told me that I needed some good shoes.  My shoes were worn on one side and were contributing to my hip problems.  He then went on to say - not just any shoes - get some good tennis shoes with support.  I was in so much pain at the time that I agreed - but later wondered if I had made a mistake.  I went to the shoe store where the guy tested my foot with a fancy machine and then showed me the choices of the tennis shoes.  They were ALL ugly.  I asked him if there were any shoes that were not so clumpy looking.  I wear skirts most of the time and they looked so bulky and ugly.  He assured me that the ones that I considered ugly were the ones I needed.  I gave in and bought a pair.  The good news was that I got a discount because he saw my Dave Ramsey billfold and gave me a "Dave Ramsey Discount".  My complaint is that there doesn't seem to be a pair of tennis shoes that will give you support and look good.  I hate the way I look in these shoes but as I walked out of the store - I felt like I was walking on air.  Now in this day of modern technology someone should invent a tennis shoe that looks good and still supports your foot.  I could get rich if I could think of such a thing.  I am commited to wearing these for a while until my hip gets back in shape and then I will be back in those sandals and flats and heels that look good, but do nothing good for your feet - that is just what we women do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment