Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mattress Pad

Recently when I was changing my sheets, I noticed how old and worn my mattress pad had become.  I made a mental note to get a new one the next time I went to the store.  Once I was at the store - there were two choices.  One was $39.00 and one was $50.00.  Now for some reason I didn't realize that was really just $10.00 difference.  $39 just sounded so much cheaper than $50.  I looked them over and decided I would buy the cheaper one and left the store feeling so proud of myself for being frugal.  Well I put the new pad on and that night when my husband and I climbed in the bed - we heard this strange crinkling sound.  It didn't take long to realize that is was the new pad.  We told ourselves that we would get used to it - but a month later it was still driving me nuts every time I tried to turn over in the night - crinkle crinkle.  Well yesterday I fianlly bit the bullet and went back to the store.  I bought the $50.00 one.  I opened it up and put it on the bed this morning.  It is the most lucious soft padded thing you ever saw.  Ok, now this thing really cost me about $90. considering I threw away the first one.  Sometimes what seems like the best choice is not always so.  I hope everyone learns from my mistake.  Just because they look the same in the package doesn't mean they will be the same when they are opened.  I am excited to lay down on my nice soft mattress pad and not have to listen to the crinkle crinkle all night - even if it did cost me -

No comments:

Post a Comment