Friday, March 11, 2011

Painting

Now for years I have not been a part of any painting that went on around our house.  I use to try to help paint when we had a rent house but my perfectionist husband always repainted everything that I had painted so I decided that there was no use in my doing it  if he was going to redo everything.  Of late though we have been trying to update our house and Arliss discovered he really needed my help.  I helped him paint the bathroom recently.  Usually I am just the clean up person and errand girl.  Well this last few weeks we have been working on the kitchen.  He sprayed the texture Tuesday night but the rest of the week we had our evenings taken up with activities.  He also planned to attend the Amen conference Friday and Saturday so that meant he couldn't paint the kitchen.  I made the decision that I would paint the coat of Kilz on the kitchen and when he returned from the Amen conference it would be ready for the paint and he could be in charge of that project.  I have to face the fact that I am messy and just not a very good painter.  I started in and it took me about 4 hours.  I worked a couple and took a break and then went back to finish up as my arms got to feeling very weak from doing the ceiling work.  Anyway I got it all done and I am so proud of myself.  It just makes me know that I can do things that are way out of my comfort zone if I put my mind to it.  I had several times this evening when I began to think that I couldn't do it.  I thought I might have to just leave it for Arliss but I asked the Lord to help me finish and just ignored that negative voice in my head.  I tried not to look at all there was yet to do and just focus on accomplishing the area that I was working on at the time.  Now I am so proud and so tired and so excited to have that done.  Thank you Lord for helping me not give up when I really wanted to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment